About the NMA Council
The Choose Washington NMA Council is led by business, labor, education, economic development, and elected leaders.
Dr. Noel Schulz is a professor in the Washington State University School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture and a nationally recognized expert in power systems engineering. She is dedicated to recruiting and retaining women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math fields and mentoring women and minority faculty and is doing so in her current role as First Lady of WSU.
NMA Executive Council
- Governor Jay Inslee
- Dow Constantine, King County Executive
- Bruce Dammeier, Pierce County Executive
- Dave Somers, Snohomish County Executive
- Larry Brown, International Association of Machinists 751
- Kelly Maloney, Aerospace Futures Alliance
- Robin Toth, Greater Spokane Incorporated
- Brian Bonlender, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Chelsea Orvella, SPEEA
- David Schumacher, Office of Financial Management
- John Monroe, TDM Technical
- Brant Mayo, Grant County Economic Development Council
- Bruce Fingarson, Port of Everett
- Bruce Kendall, Economic Development Board Tacoma-Pierce County
- Dave Dickson, Crane Aerospace
- Dr. David Beyer, Everett Community College
- Debbie Lee, Tool Gauge
- Eleni Papadakis, Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
- Jan Yoshiwara, State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Jeffrey Bishop, Port of Moses
- John Powers, Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
- Jon Holden, International Association of Machinists 751
- Marilyn Strickland, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Mary Rezac, Washington State University
- Maud Daudon, Career Connect Washington Task Force
- Melinda Goforth, Economic Development Council Seattle-King County
- Mike Bomar, Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Patrick Pierce, Economic Alliance Snohomish County
- Randy Hodgins, University of Washington
- Rick Olson, Puget Sound Regional Council
- Stan Sorscher, Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace
- Jackie Davis, AMI Metals, Inc.
- Larry Krauter, Spokane International Airport
- Mayor Cassie Franklin, City of Everett
- Suzi LeVine, United States Ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein (Ret.)
Grow and preserve aerospace jobs and strengthen the aerospace supply chain by securing the design, production, and final assembly of Boeing’s potential New Mid-Market Airplane in Washington state.
The Choose Washington NMA Council will help make the case that Washington state offers the lowest risk and highest return on Boeing’s potential investment to design, produce, and assemble a new airplane. The Council is tasked with a consensus approach to identify programs, policies, and initiatives to help secure the NMA and also serve the needs of Washington workers and communities.
Sign up for updates on the campaign and sign the “The Home Team” petition to show your support. Share your own story about why aerospace is important to you, your family, your community, and to the future of Washington!
Join the state's leaders in contributing to this effort!