About the NMA Council
The Choose Washington NMA Council was created by Governor Jay Inslee to lead a multi-pronged, broad-based, statewide campaign to demonstrate Washington’s position as the site with the lowest risk and highest return on Boeing’s potential investment to design, produce, and assemble the new airplane.
The Choose Washington NMA Council is led by business, labor, education, economic development, and elected leaders.
Two distinguished leaders serve this effort as co-chairs:
Dr. Noel Schulz is a professor in the Washington State University School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture and a nationally recognized expert in power systems engineering. She is dedicated to recruiting and retaining women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math fields and mentoring women and minority faculty and is doing so in her current role as First Lady of WSU.
Rick Bender is a veteran of advocating for aerospace campaigns and for workforce training programs. A former state senator, Bender was a long-time president of the Washington State Labor Council and informal advisor to governors. As a member of Washington’s Workforce Training Board for over a decade, he championed programs to launch workers into family-wage jobs with benefits through apprenticeships and other industry partnerships.
NMA Executive Council
- Governor Jay Inslee
- Dow Constantine, King County Executive
- Bruce Dammeier, Pierce County Executive
- Dave Somers, Snohomish County Executive
- Larry Brown, International Association of Machinists 751
- Kelly Maloney, Aerospace Futures Alliance
- Lawrence Krauter, Spokane International Airport
- Chelsea Orvella, SPEEA
- David Schumacher, Office of Financial Management
- John Monroe, TDM Technical
- Brant Mayo, Grant County Economic Development Council
- Brian McGowan, Greater Seattle Partners
- Bruce Fingarson, Port of Everett
- Bruce Kendall, Economic Development Board Tacoma-Pierce County
- Dave Dickson, Crane Aerospace
- Dr. David Beyer, Everett Community College
- Debbie Lee, Tool Gauge
- Eleni Papadakis, Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
- Jan Yoshiwara, State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Jeffrey Bishop, Port of Moses Lake
- John Powers, Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
- Jon Holden, International Association of Machinists 751
- Marilyn Strickland, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Mary Rezac, Washington State University
- Maud Daudon, Career Connect Washington Task Force
- Mike Bomar, Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Patrick Pierce, Economic Alliance Snohomish County
- Randy Hodgins, University of Washington
- Rick Olson, Puget Sound Regional Council
- Robin Toth, Aerospace Sector Lead, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Stan Sorscher, Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace
- Jackie Davis, AMI Metals, Inc.
- Mayor Cassie Franklin, City of Everett
- Suzi LeVine, Employment Security Department
Grow and preserve aerospace jobs and strengthen the aerospace supply chain by securing the design, production, and final assembly of Boeing’s potential New Mid-Market Airplane in Washington state.
The Choose Washington NMA Council will help make the case that Washington state offers the lowest risk and highest return on Boeing’s potential investment to design, produce, and assemble a new airplane. The Council is tasked with a consensus approach to identify programs, policies, and initiatives to help secure the NMA and also serve the needs of Washington workers and communities.
Sign up for updates on the campaign and sign the “The Home Team” petition to show your support. Share your own story about why aerospace is important to you, your family, your community, and to the future of Washington!
Join the state's leaders in contributing to this effort!